Above are pictures of the actual Maxim 1910 with ‘Sokolov’ wheel mount & shield – 7.62x54mm – now in our collection. In addition there’s a silent move clip of a mad Russian machine gunner using a Maxim 1910. The example we are offering has been decommissioned for safety but is complete including the original ammunition case. It has also been polished out and makes a very striking display. It’s 60″x 27″x 21″ with 12″ diameter wood spoked Calvary wheels…SOLD
A quick history…
The Russian PM1910 (Pulemyot Maxima na stanke Sokolova or “Maxim’s machine gun model 1910 on Sokolov’s mount”) was a heavy Machine Gun used by the Russian Army during World War One and subsequently by the Red Army during World War Two.
Originally adopted in 1910, the Machine Gun was derived from Maxim’s original model and chambered to fire Russian 7.62x54mm rifle ammunition.
The Machine Gun was mounted on an improvised wheel mount which made it transportable and it was also fitted with a gun shield. The weapon was gradually replaced during the Soviet Era by the SG-43 Goryunov towards the end of the Second World War.
The gun saw prominent action throughout the October Revolution of 1917 and subsequent Russian Civil War. There are numerous pictures depicting M1910 Machine Guns mounted on Tachankas’. During the turbulent years of revolution, Bolshevik propaganda featured Lenin manning a 1910 Machine Gun on more than one occasion.